Leading Edge Analytics & Programming For Risk and Opportunity Generation
LEAPFROG is a suite of modular programs designed around the day-to-day needs of market traders and hedgers, to help individual traders manage many more funds than they could normally manage with conventional analysis tools. It is currently intended primarily for daily or weekly trading.
LEAPFROG in the market-place
- Serves a market taking decisions based on accurate daily or weekly data
- A fully integrated suite of programs usable by a market trader, offering total coverage of trading needs from market data to market orders, with unparalleled facility for development and testing of trading strategies in minutes, rather than weeks or months as at present
- Flexible graphics to create images of any size; eg weekly and daily charts side by side on a single hi-res monitor, with trading strategy indicators highlighting decision points
- A selection of more than 70 indicators, many of which are little-traded, and many exclusive to LEAPFROG, providing highly efficient trading. LEAPFROG-exclusive indicators minimize lag and maximize smoothness. External indicators can easily be incorporated
- Satisfies an unmet demand for faster, smoother indicators, high-quality customisable graphics to view them, forecasts where appropriate, and a means to implement clients’ own trading strategies, evaluated and applied automatically across an arbitrary number of financial instruments
- Key requirements are standard PC skill sets, a source of market data, and knowledge of markets and trading techniques. LEAPFROG uses transparent files in structured directories, avoiding the need for database skills
- Early version of LEAPFROG’s core modules have routinely been used to assist trading $millions
...offers more than 70 high-quality indicators based on both simple and not-so-simple mathematical skill sets, with a bias towards indicators neither commonly known nor used. Filtering and smoothing technologies result in indicators which are fast, smooth, easy to relate to price movements, and relatively unknown.
...highly customisable high-resolution graphics, enabling a choice of (multiple) indicators to be plotted in a timely fashion against conventional bar or candle charts with trading strategy decision-point indicators. Using high-resolution screens, combined with reduced number of charts to examine, can offer traders a much better experience through their working day. Charts can be exported as printable files.
a development environment for traders’ strategies and automated execution of those strategies on defined portfolios. In addition to files defining new orders and current positions, there is an early-warning facility to manage chart viewing lists on the basis of trader-definable criteria. For discretionary trading, fewer charts need be examined, enabling more funds to be managed in less time. Traders can rapidly define (via a point-and-click interface) their own trading logic, and receive back-tested results on a defined portfolio.
a set of tools to moderate trading house-keeping tasks: setting up the initial directory structure, defining instrument portfolios, checking supplier’s data, distributing the clean data into a logical data structure accessible to the rest of the Leapfrog suite.
TFLProspector (due in 1H09):
...for optimising parameters within indicators and thresholds for each specific instrument, to maximise the effectiveness of an indicator against each instrument, and offer a statistically-inferred estimate of trading performance based on past history.
Sample a few features
Need to know more?
Let LEAPFROG become the wind beneath your trading wings.